Traditional Chinese Medicine
We are very happy to welcome Dr Wen to True Serenity
Traditional Chinese Medicine has been an established tradition for over four thousand years. Over a billion Chinese people and a quarter of the world’s population use it to maintain health and prevent illness. Chinese medicine often provides relief from those conditions that western medicine finds difficult to treat. Chinese medicine combines drug-free preventative treatments, cures for diseases and a general concern for the health and well being of the individual.
TCM includes herbal medicine, acupuncture, acupressure, massage, moxibustion, cupping, ear candling, ear pressure, reflexology, and patented Chinese herbs to treat conditions holistically. It views the body as an organic whole with a network of channels connecting and co-ordinating the Qi (vital energy), internal organs, blood, body fluids, muscles, bones, tendons and the skin.
Chinese medicine is used to unblock the connecting channels and to correct any imbalances in the function of the organs. This makes TCM a truly holistic form of medicine, treating the whole body and not isolated symptoms.
Dr Sen Wen trained for 5 years at Heilongjiang University of Traditional Chinese Medicine in China and, after graduation, practiced for 10 years in Heilongjiang Hospital, before moving to live and work in the UK 6 years ago. While in the UK he has been employed by two large Chinese medical companies and worked in their clinics in London, Edinburgh, York, Harrogate, Leeds and Rochdale. He is qualified to diagnose patients and to specifically treat them with a variety of methods including acupuncture, acupressure, cupping, ear pressure, ear candle therapy, reflexology and Chinese herbs.
Dr Wen specialises in treating:
- Weight loss (one patient lost 50lbs in 7months!)
- Stress, anxiety, depression & insomnia
- For women: menopausal symptoms, hormone regulation, maintenance of female well-being, PMS, irregular periods
- For men: impotence, prostatitis, premature ejaculation, sex drive problems, low sperm count
- Arthritis, sciatica, lower back pain, slipped disc, sports injury; o Frozen shoulder & neck pain
- Head ache and migraine
- Tennis elbow
- Asthma, hay fever, sinusitis
- Addictions (smoking and drinking)
- Skin conditions and beauty treatments
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome, ulcers, acid reflux, constipation, diarrhoea
- Blood pressure
Please call 01706 630750 for further information or to book an appointment